Another Useless Blog About 15mm Sci-Fi Wargaming


Welcome, visitor, to the world of the Dis-United Kingdom. A dark world set two hundred years in the future.

After the bloody and chaotic breakup of the Dis-United Kingdom anarchy reigned supreme and daily survival for each individual was never a guarentee but, rather, was hard fought and easily lost.

Then slowly small, fledgling states began to form in the ashes of the breakup of the United Kingdom and like tiny Phoenix's they each grew and became stronger and stability in each region grew.

But alas, the stability was never going to be long lived and tensions between neighbouring states grew as each vied for larger territories and greater control over the Dis-United Kingdom as it became known. Each state formed its own basic military forces mostly of militias and home defence units with whatever weaponry and hardware was still available at minimal cost.

Soon these forces became more and more professional as neighbour fought neighbour and the weaker states were rendered extinct their brief history wiped by their more powerful, successful neighbour and this continued and escalated up and down the lands. Eventually nine super states emerged, each with their own distinct military and an un-easy peace descended as each remaining state sized up its neighbour and took stock of all that had happened.

Now, 200 years on although an un-easy peace sits upon the land like a late snowfall in early spring, it is obvious that it is slowly melting and war will soon erupt to decide who will ultimately re-unite the Dis-United Kingdom.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

And On The Third Squad I Said Let There Be Pink

So, having painted up x3 squads of the NAC Rifles- pack A from GZG for my Fenland Air Assault Regiment (FAAR), I am finally starting to achieve results that I am reasonably happy with at least. I know some people out there wont like it but I have toned down the bright blue/sky blue fatigues under the armour to a light grey colour which I think does work much better. So now I just have to master hand painting the vehicles and the Free Coalition Rebel colour schemes for both the infantry and the vehicles but I have almost decided on this. They will be in camo as they are low tech, semi-professional rebels that share their border with the New Fenland Republic.

I am now going to be working on the VTOL dropships for these FAAR troopers as they are effectively an elite air cavalry regiment in the world of the Dis-United Kingdom. By the way, these figures are on temporary painting bases as I need to purchase some circular and hex bases for my little sci-fi troopers.

Also, I will be painting up some FCT troopers in the next few days and when I get paid next I will be purchasing the USE ME sci-fi rules from http://www.15mm.co.uk/ which seem to be a rule system that is right up my street in that it lets you get on and enjoy a game. As well as these rules I will also be purchasing a set of the Gruntz rules when they become available as a hardback although they are available as a PDF from Wargames Vault for a very meagre $9! And the USE ME rules are about £3.50! With rules sets like these available at these prices you cant possibly complain!

Lots of ideas still kicking around in my head about how to develop the background, scenarios as well as ideas for the other superstates in the world of the futuristic, low to mid-tech world of the almost anarchic and wartorn Dis-United Kingdom.

Anywho, its taken me a while to used to painting 15's again as I have been painting 6mm for a while now. This project has made me get to grips with things like wet pal,lets, blending again, dry brushing, using minimal amounts of paint to try and preserve small detail and mastering once again dry brushing. Although my first vehicle (see earlier posts) was a slight disaster when compared with what I hoped to achieve. But nevermind, like the infantry, the vehicles will fall in line.

Now for the eye candy:






So let me know what ya think and even what ya think of the project in general?

I look forward to hearing from anyone who feels sorry enough for me to read ths blog!

Toodaloo for now
Rhys

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a much better colour combo, I think leaving the yellow out was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan, yeah I think you were definitely right on that and it needed toning down and tweeking. I'm now fairly happy with it. They look fairly light in the photos but under normal light conditions they look much more like a reddy pink and it's quite effective! Thanks very much

    Rhys

    ReplyDelete

  3. shareit download
    shareit
    shareit app
    shareit apk

    They look fairly light in the photos but under normal light conditions they look much more like a reddy pink and it's quite effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rr com Webmail Login

    nice information thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete